PSYC 311 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Statistical Model, Box Plot, Frequency Distribution

45 views7 pages

Document Summary

Frequency distribution: shape of the distribution, distributions , in spss, spss reports index scores: Use kurtosis > 3: distribution can be, normal, positive skew, negative skew, measures of central tendency, the most important statistics, the descriptive stats (i. e. they answer the questions): In psychology, we are interested in studying constructs. The mean is a stat model of the data because it is a hypothetical (cid:448)alue that does(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e to (cid:271)e a (cid:448)alue that is a(cid:272)tuall(cid:455) o(cid:271)ser(cid:448)ed i(cid:374) the data: Mode: measures of variation, range, diff btw highest and lowest score, sd, tells you how well your sample mean represents your sample data (i. e. how well your stats model fits the data): However, the accuracy of your predictions depends on: How well your model fits the data. How well your sample represents the population: Tells you how well sample mean represents sample data. Tells you how well sample mean represents the population mean (i. e. how well your sample represents the population).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers