ANAT30007 Lecture Notes - Lecture 31: Vertebra, Ischium, Quadratus Lumborum Muscle

68 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 31 fossil evidence for changes in human locomotion. Evolution = change over time: genetic change in species over time, change in allele frequency, change in morphology. Interbreeding populations and individuals within a species are similar in morphology. Charles darwin found that is a great diversity of species and they have adapted to their environment. Good adaptation to environment gives the species a reproductive advantage and differential fitness. Co(cid:374)(cid:448)ersio(cid:374) of orga(cid:374)i(cid:272) (cid:373)aterial i(cid:374)to (cid:373)i(cid:374)eral if i(cid:374) e(cid:374)(cid:448)iro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t that does(cid:374)"t (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge. Propensity for fossilisation depends on: how and where the animal lived, anatomy, how and when the animal died, how quickly it was buried, possibility of erosion, probability of being found. Hominin refers to humans and human ancestors (where branched off from apes) Until ~2 mya, hominins were quite ape-like and are referred to as australopiths. From ~2. 5 mya, hominins became more human-like and are referred to as homo.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers