BILD 3 Study Guide - Final Guide: Phylogenetic Tree, Phylogenetic Diversity, Chemotroph

218 views6 pages
28 Jun 2016
School
Course

Document Summary

Biodiversity: know that arthropods dominate the list of described species (~75%) but most species are microbes, compare and contrast the 3 domains of life. Be able to give an example of organisms found in each. Explain what each part of those two words mean: plants are photoautotrophs a. i. Plants are given photoautotrophs because their energy source is light and they use co2 for their carbon source: animals are chemoheterotroph b. i. Animals are given chemoheterotroph because their energy source is glucose and they use organic compounds for their carbon source: understand the phylogenetic relationships between bacteria, archaea, animals, plants and. Be able to interpret a phylogenetic tree to explain patterns of relationships between these groups: bacteria, archaea, eukaryota share a common ancestor a. i. Animals, plants, and fungi classify under the domain eukarya, so they are related to bacteria and archaea. Prokaryotes (bacteria + archaea): describe traits uniting the bacteria. Understand the important ecological roles these organisms play.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers