BILD 3 Study Guide - Final Guide: Homo Habilis, Praeanthropus, Neanderthal

192 views3 pages

Document Summary

Learning objectives for bild 3, spring 2016 dr. sarah stockwell. You should be able to: know which species of ape are most closely related to humans. 6-4 mya: origin of h. neanderthalensis b. i. 400 kya, from europe to southwestern and central asia: origin of h. sapiens c. i. 200 kya, african origin: for the following hominin species, describe their anatomical features (chimp-like and human- like traits), which continent(s) they lived on (including any migrations), and be able to place them in relative order, ardipithecus ramidus a. i. Arboreal (tree dwelling: australopithecus afarensis (also known as praeanthropus afarensis) b. i. Feet planted on the ground, not for climbing, but had arboreal arms lucy also discovered in ethiopia: homo habilis c. i. Originated from eastern and southern africa: h. erectus d. i. Similar bodies to modern humans, extremely tall with long legs. Originated in africa and migrated out: h. heidelbergensis e. i. Fire and wooden spears, first to build shelters. Discovered in eurasia and africa: h. neanderthalensis. f. i.