PSY 105 Study Guide - Final Guide: Chromosome Abnormality, Joint Attention, Fast Mapping

45 views12 pages
27 Feb 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Psy 105 with lajoy: what did the research that came out of the social reform movement show, child labor laws. Learning trends: educational innovations, creating programs, stigmas in how we view ourselves. Intelligence reflects learning: how is the scientific method used in child development research and what are experimental variables, scientific method, dependent variable, the response/reaction. Inheritance in which traits are governed by more than one gene: genetic diversity, dominant alleles. Infant preferences and feeding: preference for sweet, develop preferences in the uterus, prefer the mom"s breast milk, perks of breast milk. Chapter 4: what did piaget believe about children, he believed that they are mentally active as well as physically active from the moment of birth. Their activity greatly contributes to their own development. Constructivist: what are the pro(cid:272)esses i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)ed i(cid:374) piaget"s theor(cid:455) a(cid:374)d (cid:449)hat happe(cid:374)s i(cid:374) ea(cid:272)h stage, sensory motor stage - intelligence is expressed through sensory and motor abilities.