EDF 4467 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Erik Erikson, Lawrence Kohlberg, Direct Energy

111 views5 pages

Document Summary

January 21, 2015: piaget (cognitive, stage 1: sensorimotor. Children are eager to interact with and make sense of their world: constructivism: children actively construct their own view of the world from their experience with the environment. Goal directed (if i suck my thumb, i will be happy) Object permanence (out of sight, out of mind: stage 2: preoperational. Starting to understand logic behind numbers (1-10, no repeats) Believe everyone sees what they are seeing: centration. They will chose the taller glass because they are centered on the height: irreversibility: (coin/beaker/graham cracker, stage 3: concrete. Best way to learn is hands on: seriation. Kingdom, phylum : classification: graphic organizers can now be used, stage 4: formal operational. Thinking expands from what"s real to what"s possible: essential for cognitive development. Trust and confidence that the world is safe. Mom will come if i cry: mistrust. Basic needs are not met (neglect: stage 2: autonomy vs. shame and doubt.