KINES 350 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Akt2, Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha, Energy Economics

102 views14 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Lecture 1: metabolic and strength adaptations to exercise training. Identify and describe adaptations to muscle that occur with endurance training: adaptations to muscle aerobic training, net result: a. i. Increase vo2max of muscle 2 to 3 times greater in a homogenate than intact a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. What prevents that from occurring in the human body? a. i. 3. a. a. i. 3. b. Growing mitochondria is the hallmark of the endurance athlete. There is a higher concentration of mitochondria in the homogenate than naturally occurs in the body a. ii. Decrease o2 deficit by increasing the rate of vo2"s uptake at the onset of exercise a. ii. 1. Faster rise in oxygen uptake leads to less lactic acid formation and less phosphocreatine depletion: muscle fiber type b. i. Endurance activities rely predominantly on slow twitch fibers. b. ii. Shift from faster fibers to slower; fg fog, fog so b. ii. 2. a. This shift also occurs in strength training but not as dramatically b. ii. 3.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers