CHM ENG 142 Study Guide - Final Guide: Quadratic Equation, Elementary Algebra, My Passion

84 views4 pages

Document Summary

A mathematician has rediscovered a technique that the ancient. Published feb. 5, 2020 updated feb. 6, 2020. The quadratic equation has frustrated math students for millenniums. University in pittsburgh may have come up with a better way of solving it. When i stumbled on this, i was just completely shocked, said the professor, po-shen loh. Quadratics, which are introduced in elementary algebra classes, pop up often in physics and engineering in the calculating of trajectories, even in sports. If, while watching the super bowl, you had wanted to estimate how far a pass thrown by patrick mahomes traveled through the air, you would have been solving a quadratic equation. The equations also show up in calculations for maximizing pro t, a key consideration for anyone who wants to succeed in business. Dr. loh has not discovered something entirely new. Indeed, his method mixes together ideas dating back thousands of years to the babylonians.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers