[PSYC 2130] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes fot the exam (28 pages long!)

261 views28 pages
30 Mar 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

The problem of definition: there are multiple definitions of personality, you will never be able to find just one that all psychologists agree on. What drives their behaviors, thoughts, and feelings: mental structures/cognition, the components of the mind, how they determine behaviors/thoughts, cognitive psychologists look at how you think, process cause and effect relationships, etc. I data are judgments by knowledgeable informants about general attributes. I data: informants" reports of the individual"s personality: close acquaintanceship paired with common sense is enough to allow people, advantages: to make judgments of each others attributes. I data are judgmental, subjective, and irreducibly human: opens the possibility of obtaining more than one judgment, a large amount of information of the same person, real- world bias, observation of behaviour in the real world, common sense. Quality of data: reliability: refers to someone or something that is dependable. Case method: examination of a person or event.