HUMA 1860- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 74 pages long!)

312 views74 pages

Document Summary

Decalogue and being obedient towards god can restore balance. Anti semitism: it"s the hostility to, prejudi(cid:272)e or dis(cid:272)ri(cid:373)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) agai(cid:374)st je(cid:449)s, a form of racism specifically against jews, germnay was extremtly anti-semitic especially under the rulling of hitler. He made anti-semetic views more acceptable and respectable: marr coined the term, in chistrain literature, it is said that jews are christain killers and were to be blamed for several probles. Zionism: movement for the re-establishment, development & protection of a jewish nation which is now called isreal, it was established as a political organization in 1897 by theodor, triggered by racial anti-semitism faced. Judaism: monotheism: belief in one god, polytheism: belief in many gods. Judaism, christianity & islam are referred to (cid:862)religio(cid:374)s of the (cid:271)ook(cid:863) Jews called it tanakh; christians called it old testament: made of 3 sections, torah (law, ni(cid:448)i(cid:859)i(cid:373) (cid:894)prophets(cid:895, ketuvim (writings)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers