COMN 3750 Study Guide - Final Guide: Discourse Analysis, Institutional Racism, Neoliberalism

60 views4 pages

Document Summary

Not the old box that lives in your living room. We"re consuming it in very different ways what is it today: you can start with this question. Will address some of the following: miller: miller there is some factual material in miller, miller is describing what tv in the contemporary world is like today b. i. Media is involved with controlling the socio- political agenda, technology, ownership, and limited neoliberal regulation b. i. 2. Study tv programs analyze and make connections with social situations rather than studying them as an individual closed text b. i. 3. Study spectators in various ways and critique interactions between programs and audience values spectators becoming producers, taking content into their own hands (example is youtube) b. i. 4. We can be both pioneers or victims (we are becoming pioneers in creating content, moving up the ladder, rather than sitting back and accepting programmed content designed to make us remain passive consumers) b. i. 5.