Psychology 2075 Midterm: Psych 2075 Test 1 Notes

57 views27 pages

Document Summary

Sex refers to sexual anatomy and sexual behavior. Gender the state of being male or female. Gender roles (the ways in which males and females are expected to behave) exert a powerful influence on the way people behave sexually. Sexual behavior behavior that produces arousal and increases the chance of orgasm. Male and female : chromosomal sex, xx, xy, other . Anatomical sex: penis, vagina, testes, ovaries, prostate, fallopian tubes. I am male , female or transitioning or queer or none of the above : sexual identity (subjective) may or may not match an individuals chromosomal, anatomical or hormonal sex. Sex and sexual orientation: heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, asexual. Clinical challenge: patient: i have these sores on my genitals. Had oral sex but didn"t consider that sex. Political and legal challenge defense of families act. Sexuality is a central aspect of being human throughout life that encompasses sex, gender identities and roles, sexual orientation, eroticism, pleasure, intimacy and reproduction.