AFM241 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Peer Pressure, Cloud Computing, Information Technology Management

27 views4 pages
1. Logistics e.g. RFID use by Walmart
2. Energy savings
3. Physical security e.g. surveillance of homes, car alarm
4. Medical e.g. clothes equipped with sensors
Big Data creating a problem regarding the cost of storing these data
Cloud computing has been described as the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product and
encompasses any subscription based or pay per use service that extends IT’s existing capabilities
web-based email accounts are an example of cloud computing. I can access the content of my email
from any computer that has a browser and internet access.
The content of my email is stored in the servers of the firm that provides the email service
There are three main manifestations of cloud computing
Cloud computing – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Clients are provided with processing, storage, networks, and other IT infrastructure as a
service.
While the client doesn’t manage or control the underlying IT infrastructure, the client has
control over operating systems, applications, and possibly limited control of selected
networking components
Cloud computing – platform as a service (PaaS)
Vendors provide clients with a platform- the IT infrastructure as well as operating systems or
storage- as a service.
The client can use the cloud platform to deploy their own applications and application
hosting environment configurations.
Unlike the IaaS, in the PaaS clients do not manage or control the underlying network,
servers, operating systems, or storage. Clients have control over the deployed application
Cloud computing – Software as a Service (SaaS).
Vendors such as Salesforce.com, Amazon, provide clients with applications running on cloud
infrastructure. The applications are accessible through thin client interface such as a web
browser.
The client doesn’t manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure or application
The clients have the ability to change certain configuration settings to tailor the application
to their needs
1.1 Technology Adoption
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Logistics e. g. rfid use by walmart, energy savings, physical security e. g. surveillance of homes, car alarm, medical e. g. clothes equipped with sensors. Big data creating a problem regarding the cost of storing these data. I can access the content of my email from any computer that has a browser and internet access. The content of my email is stored in the servers of the firm that provides the email service. There are three main manifestations of cloud computing. Cloud computing infrastructure as a service (iaas) Clients are provided with processing, storage, networks, and other it infrastructure as a service. While the client doesn"t manage or control the underlying it infrastructure, the client has control over operating systems, applications, and possibly limited control of selected networking components. Cloud computing platform as a service (paas) Vendors provide clients with a platform- the it infrastructure as well as operating systems or storage- as a service.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers