ACTSC371 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Ftse 100 Index, Msci, Dow Jones Industrial Average

91 views9 pages

Document Summary

The money market: money market: a subsector of the fixed income market; consists of short term, marketable, liquid, low risk debt securities. Bearer deposit notes (bdns): marketable cds (in the states, cd is marketable) U. s. dollar denominated deposits at foreign banks or foreign branches of. The dealer sells government securities to an institutional investor on an overnight basis, with an agreement to buy back those securities the next day at a slightly higher price (overnight interest) Provincial bonds: issued by provincial government and provincial crown corporations. Likely to be formed by an existing company that identifies an operating division as a source of revenue. Market value weighted index: reflect an investment in each company proportional to its total market capitalization, giving considerably more weight to large, highly valued stocks. Calculation: i= initialmarket value n f = final market value n percentage gain= f i i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers