PSYC 1000 Study Guide - Final Guide: Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder, Conscientiousness, Active Listening

51 views22 pages

Document Summary

Classical conditioning: learning to link two stimuli in a way that helps us anticipate an event to which we have a reaction (associative learning) Operant conditioning: changing behavioural responses in response to consequences (contingencies/cause and effect) Cognitive (latent) learning: learning that can occur without reinforcement and without being di(cid:396)e(cid:272)tl(cid:455) o(cid:271)se(cid:396)(cid:448)a(cid:271)le (cid:894)do(cid:374)(cid:859)t (cid:374)eed i(cid:373)(cid:373)ediate feed(cid:271)a(cid:272)k(cid:895) Behaviourism: started with proponents that mental life was much less important than behaviour as a foundation for psychological science. Unconditioned stimulus (us, i. e. food) = unconditioned response (ur, i. e. Unconditioned stimulus (us, i. e. food) = unconditioned response (ur, i. e. dog salivates) Conditioned stimulus (cs) = conditioned response (cr, i. e. dog salivates) Neutral stimulus (ns): a stimulus which does not trigger a response. Unconditioned stimulus (us) and response (ur): a stimulus which triggers a response naturally, before/without any conditioning. Conditioned stimulus (cs): a stimulus that will trigger the learned cr. Conditioned response (cr): the learned response triggered by the cs.