SSH 105 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Modus Tollens, Thesis Statement, Propositional Calculus

55 views10 pages

Document Summary

Paris shah | ssh105 | october 26, 2018. Denying the contecedent: if a then b, ~ a, ~ b. Affirming the consequent: if a then b, b, a. Valid: the truth of the premises guarantees the truth of the conclusion. If the premises true, (in the version of what the statements real" world is) Cogent: an argument is cogent if the truth of the premises does not guarantee the truth of the conclusion. But, the conclusion is possible if the premises are true. Valid: cats are warm-blooded, and all warm-blooded animals are mammals, therefore cats are mammals. Invalid: cats are warm-blooded, and all warm-blooded animals are mammals, therefore cats are popular house pets. For i know either triangles are circular or squares have 3 sides. And i know triangles are no circular: most dogs are beautiful. I heard the jeffery"s got a new dog named dave. Dave is most likely beautiful: everyone in riverdale makes poor decisions.