MHR 405 Midterm: MHR 405 Mid-Term Study Notes

195 views9 pages

Document Summary

Mhr 405 mid-term study notes ch. 1-4 & appendix a. 1 & appendix a introduction, theory and research. Organizational behaviour: study of what people think, feel and do in and around organizations; relates to behaving differently to fit into certain situations. Organization: group of people who works interdependently towards the same purpose(s0 or goal(s) Individual processes (i. e. motivation) organizational processes (i. e. Individual processes (i. e. motivation) organizational processes (i. e. structure) group. * all employees need organizational behaviour knowledge to work. Hypotheses: statements making empirically testable declarations that certain variables and their corresponding measures are related in a specific way proposed by the theory. Constructs: abstract ideas constructed by researchers that can be linked to observable information. Observational research: known as the deductive process in theory testing. Involves forming hypotheses defining and measuring constructs testing hypotheses relating it back to the preliminary theory.