INT 904 Midterm: Health Promotion-week 5 part 2

36 views1 pages
Health Promotion: Week 5 Part 2
How can you (we) create empowerment within our work? What are your strategies (if any)
for appropriately empowering a client?
In order for us to create empowerment within our work, there are several methods that
one can take to be successful. I would attempt to promote engagement by creating
activities that are catered to the patients.
For instance, during my clinical placements as a nursing student, I have been exposed to
working with many elderly patients and we would make sure that the activities fit in with
their lifestyles.
This would be an initial step to promoting empowerment among older adults, which is
crucial to help them develop a strong sense of autonomy (Sherwin & Winsby, 2011).
It is very crucial to empower one another as it provides us with a sense of control over
our life circumstances.
Reference
Sherwin, S., & Winsby, M. (2011). A relational perspective on autonomy for older adults
residing in nursing homes. Health Expectations: An International Journal of Public
Participation in Health Care and Health Policy, 14(2), 182–190. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1369-
7625.2010.00638.x
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

In order for us to create empowerment within our work, there are several methods that one can take to be successful. I would attempt to promote engagement by creating activities that are catered to the patients. It is very crucial to empower one another as it provides us with a sense of control over our life circumstances. A relational perspective on autonomy for older adults residing in nursing homes. Participation in health care and health policy, 14(2), 182 190. http://doi. org/10. 1111/j. 1369-

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers