PSYC 333 Study Guide - Final Guide: Nonverbal Communication, Body Language, Gender Role

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Questions and answers study tool: describe the basics of non verbal and verbal communication. Answer) way to remember this is through drp (pronounced deerp) Non verbal communication is any communication that is not verbal and involves 2 key elements. Providing information about someone"s mood and how they really feel though facial expressions: identify constructive and non constructive communication strategies. Answer) lv i (loui vuitton i) and four horsemen. Constructive editing and leveling and validating point of view and using i language. Non constructive demand- withdraw communication and negative reciprocity. Four horse men: criticism, contempt, stonewalling, defensiveness, and belligerence: apply a variety of ways to communicate about sexual and other issues. Giving permission, ask questions, support communication efforts and discuss sexual preferences. Be specific, precise and clear with your language and use i language: define sexual consent. Answer) an individual"s agreement to engage in sexual behaviour. Consent is ongoing, done in an enthusiastic manner and in a sober state.