NURS 101- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 67 pages long!)

206 views67 pages

Document Summary

Expert promises: knowledge, skills, gets privileges (governance, education, licensing, standards, discipline) Patient (public) expects: health, care, cure, set fess, various privileges. Government and law have roles that regulate these professions. Female family members: mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, neighbors, were they professionals, no, because there was no contract. Were they professionals: no, they were(cid:374)"t paid. Not a nun not a saint either. Important canadian nurse that started nursing in canada. Soup kitchen and hospice in montreal 1747: she would take in disabled, mental deficient, prostitutes. Shunned by the rich because they would get the doctors to come to your house. The (cid:374)urses were(cid:374)"t paid just given bed and food. Took 38 nurses she trained into the war. Mortality of soldiers from 40% to 2% I see and i am silent: for all the suffering and horrors i see in nursing i am quiet. Nurses could not get married before or they get kicked out.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers