PSYC 3604 Study Guide - American Recovery And Reinvestment Act Of 2009, Abnormal Psychology, Dsm-5

60 views3 pages
20 Nov 2014
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This is for the multiple-choice section and the short answer section. This is intended as only a general study guide. You are still responsible for reading the assigned chapters & lecture notes. I will not test your knowledge of dates. (no dates) I will not test your knowledge of statistics. Thus, you will not see a question that asks you whether the prevalence rates for a particular disorder are 2% or 3%. However, you should know general trends (i. e. is a disorder more common in males or females): you will not need to know the extraordinary people story at the beginning/end of each chapter. Lecture material: all of it. (note: i will embed specifics into the chapters below) Defining and explaining abnormal behavior (relative to cultural norms, whether they are unusual, cause discomfort, are related to some illness, impede the person"s ability to adapt/function, and wakefield"s harmful dysfunction).