11:680:390 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Anoxygenic Photosynthesis, Pyrrole, Phototroph

66 views5 pages

Document Summary

I: life requires a source of energy. Light (phototrophy) when light energy is used to generate. Chemoorganotrophy: oxidation of organic chemicals to yield energy. Chemolithotrophy: oxidation of reduced inorganic compounds to yield energy. Phototrophy: processes have to convert light energy to chemical energy; generate reducing power (nadph) to reduce co 2 into organic matter: two forms of photosynthesis. Electrons needed for co2 fixation comes from h 2 o. Electrons needed for co2 fixation come from oxidation of reduced chemicals (e. g. , h2s . In the membrane of photosynthetic organisms, there is a reaction center (where molecule gets excited when it is hit by a photon of light: light harvesting (lh) molecules surround the reaction center. Lh ii: captures the light and transfers it to lh i: lh i: transfers light to reaction center, photophosphorylation: mostly carried out by anaerobes a) Production of reducing power is from exogenous substrates (e. g. , h2s oxidation) Anoxygenic photosynthesis: oxygenic photosynthesis (cyclic electron flow)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers