BIOL 1117 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Intervertebral Disc, Ulna, Anatomical Terms Of Motion

18 views5 pages

Document Summary

Anatomy and physiology: the skeletal system, two regions. Axial i: forms the central supporting axis of the body ii. Includes the bones of the upper and lower limbs and the pectoral and pelvic girdle: anatomical features of bones i. Projections//extensions: crest : narrow ridge, line : elongated ridge, process : bony protrusion ii. Depressions: fossa : shallow dip, sulcus : groove iii. Passages: canal : passageway, sinus : air cavity, foramen : hole iv. Sutures: 22 bones are joined together by fibrous connective tissue iii. Cavities: orbits, nasal cavity, buccal cavity, middle and inner ear cavities, paranasal sinuses, frontal, sphenoid, ethmoid and maxillary iv. Formina: holes that enclose nerves and blood vessels, cranium // cranial fossa i. ii. Consists of two parts: calvaria, skullcap, cranial base, skull bones, divided into three basins (cranial floor) i. ii. Frontal: extends from the forehead and meets the coronal suture.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers