BIO 112 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Circadian Rhythm, Thermoregulation, Positive Feedback

44 views2 pages

Document Summary

Animal forms pt 2 when things change in environment, internally things are changing in response, by the regulators acted upon the internal mechanisms conformers allow themselves to be changed according to external change. A(cid:374)i(cid:373)als (cid:373)ai(cid:374)tai(cid:374) a(cid:374) i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al (cid:271)ala(cid:374)(cid:272)e (cid:862)ho(cid:373)eostasis(cid:863), a steady state that is favora(cid:271)le i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)ally negative feedback: control mechanism that reduces the stimulus and brings back to set point. (thermometer triggers when temp needs to change) Positive feedback: control mechanism that amplifies the stimulus to drive processes to completion. Alterations: developmental, hormones are different as you go across puberty, homeostasis that you maintain will be different. Cyclical, menstrual cycles, as you go through period hormones will change (periodically) can vary daily, circadian rhythms: sleeping, waking. operate on a 24hr sequence. Acclimatization: gradual adjustment to changes in external environments, (going up a mountain) thermoregulation: maintaining body temp within a tolerable range. Enzymes work better and move faster and help break things down with higher temperatures.