WRIT 2003 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Linguistic Prescription

59 views3 pages

Document Summary

The pattern that is established for the text. Often referred to as structure or organization. Certainly a key component in defining a genre the way the text and structure is organized. The structuring and patterning of ideas, explication, narration and other elements of the text coherently by meeting the readers genre and discourse community expectations: arrangement and process. Prescriptivist view of the writing process, arrangement comes before drafting and (cid:272)o(cid:373)posi(cid:374)g deter(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g the patter(cid:374) of the te(cid:454)t is (cid:448)er(cid:455) earl(cid:455) i(cid:374) the pro(cid:272)ess: patterns of arrangement. Eden and mitchell reading: creating a pattern for the text comes rather later and is iatrical to the revision process. Nancy summers research most experienced writers use revision strategies to slowly create a pattern through text as their ideas become clearer to them through writing. Research on arrangement patterns that is used in writing does not completely justify patterns, there are too many different patterns for there to be one concrete way.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers