Sociology 2233 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Facial Feedback Hypothesis, The Automatic, Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

The automatic response that something is good or bad. A feeling/state that is not clearly linked to some event. Automatic affect a quick response of liking or disliking toward something (i. e. i don"t like olives) A powerful and clearly unified feeling, such as anger or joy (i. e. i don"t like racism) Emotional arousal: describes a physiological reaction, including faster heartbeat and faster or heavier breathing linked to most conscious emotions. The frequency of positive emotions minus the frequency of negative emotions. An evaluation of how one"s life is generally, and how it compares to some standard. People stay at about the same level of happiness regardless of what happens to them. Looks at happiness from a subjective standpoint our outlook and personality has a lot to do with happiness. The degree to which a person experiences the variety and relative abundance of human emotions. Catharsis theory the proposition that expressing negative emotions produces a healthy.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers