ECON101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Relative Price, Demand Curve, Perfect Competition

89 views3 pages
Verified Note

Document Summary

Considered the most important economic model i. e. microeconomic model. Set of assumptions must be made when graphing this model i. e. building it. A market is a good way to organize economic activities. A market has two sides: producer/seller, consumer/buyer. Assumptions that are made: the market is perfectly competitive, relative price matters. Relative price of x = (price of x divided by price of y) Relative price of y = (price of y divided by price of x) Consumer demand is based on: their wants, their needs, their willingness to pay, the price of the product, the ability of the consumer to pay. Demand shows the entire relationship between price and quantity demanded holding everything else constant. When price goes up, qd goes down. This negative (cid:396)elatio(cid:374)ship (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) p(cid:396)i(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d (cid:395)ua(cid:374)tit(cid:455) is (cid:396)efe(cid:396)(cid:396)ed to as (cid:862)the la(cid:449) of de(cid:373)a(cid:374)d(cid:863). I. e. if apples are relatively cheaper compared to oranges, consumers will buy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers