POPM 3240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Multistage Sampling, Type I And Type Ii Errors, Brucellosis

43 views3 pages

Document Summary

Practice questions: to study the prevalence of rabies in ontario raccoons, i enroll 10 municipalities in. They each provide me with 200 raccoons (roadkill). From this collection, i randomly select 50 to test for rabies. After conducting a literature review, you have learned that about 15% of canadian cattle are infected. You are asked to derive a population estimate of brucellosis with precision at +/-10% with 95% confidence limits. Calculate the minimum sample size required for your study: your boss asks you to calculate a new sample size, but this time, she wants the estimate of brucellosis to be more precise (+/-3%) with 95% confidence limits. Calculate the minimum sample size required for your study. How has the sample size changed from your answer to question 4: you are working on a study of reproductive efficiency in dairy cows. Your outcome measure is the calving-to-conception interval (briefly, a lower interval means greater efficiency).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers