PSYC 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Affective Forecasting, Comfort Food, Control Room

39 views4 pages

Document Summary

Guilt an unpleasant emotion that is associated with an event. The individual feels remorse for immoral behaviour the action. It is unpleasant and associated with remorse for immoral behaviour. However, shame is associated with the whole person. Guilt can motivate people to apologize for transgression. Guilt can also motivate people to redeem their behaviours through good deeds. E. g. , helping with a boring task after lying to researchers. Guilt is(cid:374)"t o(cid:374)l(cid:455) felt (cid:449)he(cid:374) (cid:449)e commit a transgression against another individual. People can experience guilt from their life circumstances compared to another sur(cid:448)i(cid:448)or"s guilt is guilt felt (cid:271)(cid:455) those (cid:449)ho ha(cid:448)e (cid:374)ot suffered as others ha(cid:448)e i(cid:374) a tragi(cid:272) event. E. g. , wwii survivors can feel guilt (cid:271)/(cid:272) the(cid:455) sur(cid:448)i(cid:448)ed a(cid:374)d others did(cid:374)"t. Guilt is typically an emotion associated with close others. It involves an action that was done to another person. Guilt can be used as a manipulation tactic to make others feel an emotion.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers