BESC1433 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Friedrich Nietzsche, Defence Mechanisms, Psychoanalytic Theory

82 views6 pages
10 Sep 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Week 4: freud and the post- freudian theorists. Sigmund freud: freud"s theory of personality consists of a number of separate but related mini- theories, which he revised a number of times over the course of 45 years of thinking, two major ideas influenced freud"s thinking: Charles darwin (1809-1882) humans are the natural result of evolution and therefore not fundamentally different from animals. Sublimation: redirecting anger to something constructive i. e. work: stages of psychosexual. Erik erikson: most influential psychoanalyst, personality continues to develop throughout the life span, emphasised the ego more than the id, emphasised the impact of culture, society, and history of personality. Psychoscoial stage model: describe horney"s theories of personality and neurosis. Karen horney (1885 - 1952: parents" unhappy marriage, felt unwanted by parents, studied medicine, experienced depression and sexual problems, underwent psychoanalysis. Moving toward people: if i shall give in, i shall be hurt . Moving against people: if i have power, nobody can hurt me .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers