PSY 3120 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Vitreous Body, Superior Colliculus, Visual Cortex

25 views1 pages

Document Summary

Recognize objects by feel, smell, or sound but not visual a. ii. Could register visual info (light, colors, direction) a. iii. **loss of ability to transform visual info into perceptual experience: apperceptive agnosia: unable to recognize simple shapes or draw shapes as shown b. i. Problems with early processing of info in the visual system: associative agnosia: able to recognize simple shapes/ can copy, nut not able to recognize complex c. i. Intact early processing but difficulties with pattern recognition. Subcortical structures d. i. 1. recognizes objects d. i. 2. lateral geniculate nucleus: perceives details and superior colliculus: locating objects in space d. ii. fovea receives a disproportionate representation, and the peripheral areas, less represent. e. **upper part of the visual field is represented in the lower part of the visual cortex &vice versa: two pathways f. i. Where: parietal regions for spatial info and for coordinating vision with action f. ii. What: temporal cortex concerned with identifying objects f. iii. Good parietal and bad temporal take actions but cant recognize objects.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers