PSYC 110 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, Malnutrition

54 views5 pages
1 Dec 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Intelligence is hard to define (cid:862)i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e is (cid:449)hate(cid:448)er i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e tests (cid:373)easure(cid:863) (cid:894)bori(cid:374)g(cid:895) Child prodigy person who displays astounding intellectual achievements at an early age. Galto(cid:374) (cid:894)dar(cid:449)i(cid:374)"s (cid:272)ousi(cid:374)(cid:895) stated that i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e is a result of superior sensory capacities. Disproved there is no correlation between one heightened sense and another, or senses to intelligence (galton was wrong) think of helen keller. Simon and binet developed first intelligence test based on higher mental processes (many intelligence tests today follow this process) Intelligence consists of the ability to reason abstractly, benefit from experience, acquire knowledge, and adapt to new environments; Intelligence differs between cultures u. s. = large amounts of knowledge while china = wisdom and greater good. Spearman hypothesized g (general intelligence) and s (factors of general intelligence that account for specific abilities); we may have high overall g but be low is some s areas.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers