S W 327 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Information Processing Theory, Ego Psychology, Neurophysiology

23 views2 pages
28 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Accommodation (cognitive) the process of altering a schema when a new situation cannot be incorporated within an existing schema. Affect the physiological manifestation of a feeling. Assimilation (cognitive) in cognitive theory, the incorporation of new experiences into an existing schema. Cognition conscious thinking processes; mental activities of which the individual is fully aware. These processes include taking in information from the environment, synthesizing that information and formulating plans of action based on that synthesis. Cognitive mediation the i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e of thi(cid:374)ki(cid:374)g (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) the o(cid:272)(cid:272)urre(cid:374)(cid:272)e of a sti(cid:373)ulus a(cid:374)d o(cid:374)e"s response to the stimulus. Cognitive operations use of abstract thoughts and ideas that are not tied to sensory and motor information. Conventional morality i(cid:374) kohl(cid:271)erg"s theory of (cid:373)oral de(cid:448)elop(cid:373)e(cid:374)t, a stage i(cid:374) (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h (cid:373)oral decisions are based on adherence in social rules. Differential emotions theory a theory asserting that emotions originate in our neurophysiology and that our personalities are organized around affective biases.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers