ISL 372 Chapter Notes - Chapter 21: Salafi Movement, Surf Life Saving Australia, Burkini

58 views4 pages
27 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Marianna at the beach: the french burqini controversy and the shifting meanings of. In the summer of 2016, france witnessed a legal and political controversy surrounding the use of the full-body swimsuits (often generically referred to as burkinis or burqinis) in public beaches. The justifications ranged from hygiene concerns, the protection of public order and security to the defense of secularism and fight against islamic fundamentalism. Efforts by the collective against islamaphobia in france eventually resulted in one of these bands being deemed illegal by the council of state in a much-publicized ruling that set a legal precedent for overturning similar decrees. Created in the early 2000s by lebanese-born australian fashion designer and entrepreneur. Aheda zanetti, the two piece bathing suit with an attached hood quickly gained popularity as a modern alternative to the full-body swimming attired know(cid:374) i(cid:374) egypt a(cid:374)d turkey as (cid:862)sharia s(cid:449)i(cid:373)suits(cid:863) or (cid:862)s(cid:449)i(cid:373)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g hija(cid:271)s(cid:863)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers