SOC 110 Chapter 4: Diversity in Teams

37 views1 pages
Being exposed to the different languages and ethnicities at work can be challenging when
important information is being said and those individuals have trouble understanding the
meaning. Simplifying the statements made, helped me as a leader relay the material and keep its
integrity. Some understand better when directing with hands along with the simplified version,
others just need certain keywords explained in detail. I was positioned by management
specifically, at times, to give the necessary explanations of the meaning behind the meetings. It
created opportunity for me to start relationships with those coworkers, with some of them lasting
still.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Being exposed to the different languages and ethnicities at work can be challenging when important information is being said and those individuals have trouble understanding the meaning. Simplifying the statements made, helped me as a leader relay the material and keep its integrity. Some understand better when directing with hands along with the simplified version, others just need certain keywords explained in detail. I was positioned by management specifically, at times, to give the necessary explanations of the meaning behind the meetings.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers