SOC 225 Chapter week 4 pt 1/4: Markus, Hazel Rose. 2016. “Who am I? Race, Ethnicity, and Identity,” Pp. 153-162

69 views2 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

153-162: who am i, this question asks people to consider themselves, or their identities, the pattern of responses that people usually say give insights into what identity is and why we have the. Who am i? question in the way we do and how this matters for behavior. Developing an identity: two central insights about identity, their own view of themselves, the others" view of them. They are continually formed, expressed, changed, affirmed, and threatened in the course of everyday life. A good understanding of identity is fundamental to an accurate conception of the social categories of race and ethnicity. These aspects locate a person and give her a position in the world. Identities are only part the matter of personal choice. Because identities depend on the contexts from which they emerge, they are dynamic and evolving. People move around from place to place, thus the context around them changes.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers