ENGLISH 325 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Fathom

44 views2 pages
Mikaela Bradley
English 325
6/3/18
Reading Reflection
I really enjoyed all of the pieces assigned for today. I thought the multimodality was a
ie hage of pae ad reided e that a essa does’t just ilude ords ritte o
paper. Jeifer Chag’s piee, Toard a Poetis of Phato Li, itrigued e largely due to
the form. I appreciated how not all of the words were her own, but taken together they
connected in a nice story that talks about the body, being, and the concept of space in an
abstract, yet understandable manner. Reading the background about the wood cutouts,
meridians, and acupuncture helped me grasp what the author was trying to convey. I
appreiated The Fork: Touhig the Ordiar,  Rahel Willias, eause it egis as a stor
of sorrow about having to more a family member into an assisted living home, but it turns to a
story of joy. It’s true that soeties e forget to appreiate the siple thigs i life, like eatig
ith real silerare. The prisoer’s reatio to the fork as so out of the ordiar for a oe
of us that it emphasizes how something so tiny and meaningless to others can have such a huge
impact. I liked how the piece was set up, with the pictures for support as well as the cross in
stories. It as’t just aout sorro ad giig aa possessios, ut aout ho littles things
a ake a huge differee i soeoe’s life. As hees as it souds, I istatl thought of the
phrase: oe a’s trash is aother a’s treasure. Lastl I thought the eerpt fro Ichi-F
was immensely powerful. It discusses a tragic event and reveals the horrors of the nuclear
event, yet does not take on too dark of a tone. Beig told fro soeoe’s poit of ie ho
was actually there gives the author a lot of credibility. The drawings, in a comic book kind of
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

I really enjoyed all of the pieces assigned for today. I thought the multimodality was a (cid:374)i(cid:272)e (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge of pa(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d re(cid:373)i(cid:374)ded (cid:373)e that a(cid:374) essa(cid:455) does(cid:374)"t just i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude (cid:449)ords (cid:449)ritte(cid:374) o(cid:374) paper. Je(cid:374)(cid:374)ifer cha(cid:374)g"s pie(cid:272)e, (cid:862)to(cid:449)ard a poeti(cid:272)s of pha(cid:374)to(cid:373) li(cid:373)(cid:271)(cid:863), i(cid:374)trigued (cid:373)e largely due to the form. I appreciated how not all of the words were her own, but taken together they connected in a nice story that talks about the body, being, and the concept of space in an abstract, yet understandable manner. Reading the background about the wood cutouts, meridians, and acupuncture helped me grasp what the author was trying to convey. I appre(cid:272)iated (cid:862)the fork: tou(cid:272)hi(cid:374)g the ordi(cid:374)ar(cid:455)(cid:863), (cid:271)(cid:455) ra(cid:272)hel willia(cid:373)s, (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause it (cid:271)egi(cid:374)s as a stor(cid:455) of sorrow about having to more a family member into an assisted living home, but it turns to a story of joy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers