72 views3 pages
22 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Everyday Life in the North Korean Revolution, 1945-1950
Social Organizations
Strict standard for party admission
Mass-based social organizations provided a new collective life for the great majority of
people
Membership was not automatic and applications along with recommendations had to
e suitted i order to joi, aalogous to the proess of joiig the Workers’ Part.
Like membership in the party, it was considered a privilege and an honor to become a
member of soial orgaizatios, ad oe had to proe oe’s dediatio to the reolutio
by diligent effort in all spheres of life. Duties included paying membership dues,
regularly attending meetings, and implementing the decisions of the organization, while
membership granted the right to vote and be elected in organizational elections,
participate in discussions, and launch critiques
Like membership in the party, it was considered a privilege and an honor to become a
member of social organizations, and one had to proe oe’s dediatio to the reolutio
by diligent effort in all spheres of life. Duties included paying membership dues,
regularly attending meetings, and implementing the decisions of the organization, while
membership granted the right to vote and be elected in organizational elections,
participate in discussions, and launch critiques
League of Peasants
The minutes of peasant league meetings were filled with discussions about the logistics
of agricultural productiontarget dates, work schedules, mobilization numbers, crop
varieties, and productivity rates which was tedious on paper but a source of social
significance for rural collective life, sustaining the rural economy as a whole. The
minutes show increasing levels of coordination among villages as large-scale irrigation
and land reclamation projects were undertaken that required the cooperation of several
villages.
Most peasant league meetings were entirely devoted to agricultural planning, which
was in their collective interest and what they knew best. Political discussions were rare
as far as records show, no doubt due to limited political education in the early years. In
fact, the party had to provide specific instructions, directing party members in the
peasant league to include political disussios durig eetigs  epressig hatred of
Aeria iperialists ad atioal traitors et o oloizig the Repuli’s souther
zone by recalling the past oppression and inhuman exploitation of peasants by
ladlords.
North Korean Democratic Women’s League
Women were among the first to be organized, with the founding of the North Korean
Deorati Woe’s League  Pukhoso˘ iju o˘so˘g togaeg o Noeer
18, 1945.
Some activities clearly reproduced traditional gender roles, requiring women to
etertai ad help others. The oe’s league as put i harge of reeiig guests
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Everyday life in the north korean revolution, 1945-1950. Mass-based social organizations provided a new collective life for the great majority of people. Membership was not automatic and applications along with recommendations had to (cid:271)e su(cid:271)(cid:373)itted i(cid:374) order to joi(cid:374), a(cid:374)alogous to the pro(cid:272)ess of joi(cid:374)i(cid:374)g the workers" part(cid:455). Like membership in the party, it was considered a privilege and an honor to become a member of so(cid:272)ial orga(cid:374)izatio(cid:374)s, a(cid:374)d o(cid:374)e had to pro(cid:448)e o(cid:374)e"s dedi(cid:272)atio(cid:374) to the re(cid:448)olutio(cid:374) by diligent effort in all spheres of life. Like membership in the party, it was considered a privilege and an honor to become a member of social organizations, and one had to pro(cid:448)e o(cid:374)e"s dedi(cid:272)atio(cid:374) to the re(cid:448)olutio(cid:374) by diligent effort in all spheres of life. Duties included paying membership dues, regularly attending meetings, and implementing the decisions of the organization, while membership granted the right to vote and be elected in organizational elections, participate in discussions, and launch critiques.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers