HIEU 140 Chapter Notes - Chapter Article Notes: Private Sphere, Totalitarianism, Individualism

79 views2 pages
8 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Society assuming that female difference meant female inferiority, so it was gotten rid of: advantages. Independence: more professional options, job training, education, constraints of the double burden exacerbated by shortages of goods and services. " either a successful career or a fa(cid:373)ily a(cid:374)d childre(cid:374)" Sexism in the workplace: emancipation has caused women to lose their dignity as they have become a cheap source of labor, women have lost their identity as they have become depersonalized in their work. Female authors writing about their experiences with the double burden: there is no representation of women"s issues, books on women, etc, male system taken to apply to the whole social structure as universal. Iii: women: if everything goes well in my family, then everything goes well for me, men: if i am in order, then my family will be in order. Success of family depends upon well-being of man and woman.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers