ACG 2021 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Common Stock, Promissory Note, Accounting Equation

68 views5 pages
20 Sep 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The accounting information system: measuring business activities a. i. Two roles of financial accounting: measure + communicate. External transactions: transaction the firm conducts with a separate economic entity; examples are selling products to a customer or paying salaries to an employee a. i. 3. Internal transactions: events that affect the financial position of the company but do not include an exchange with a separate economic entity; examples are using supplies on hand a. i. 4. First step: source documents such as sales invoices and signed contracts provide information related to external transactions a. i. 4. b. Account: provides a summary of the effects of all transactions related to a particular item over a period of time; asset accounts include cash, supplies, and equipment a. i. 4. c. Chart of accounts: list of all account names used to record transactions of a company a. ii. Effects of transactions on the basic accounting equation a. ii. 1. Basic accounting equation: assets=liabilities + stockholder"s equity a. ii. 2.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers