PSY 290 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake, Interrupted Time Series, Ronald Fisher

41 views4 pages

Document Summary

Beyond the laboratory: research example 28 applied research a. Importance of context for recall, combined with the generally known inaccuracies of eyewitness testimony, led ronald fisher and edward geisalman to develop a technique called the cognitive interview a. i. Nine other detectives were in the control group: results c. i. Those given the cognitive interview training elicited more reliable facts: applied psychology in a historical context during their interviews with eyewitnesses, classic studies the hollingworths, applied psychology, and coca-cola a. i, design problems in applied research, ethical dilemmas a. i. Inform consent and privacy outside of lab a. ii. Proper debriefing not always possible: tradeoff between internal and external validity b. i. Since it takes place in the field, researchers can lose control over the variables operating in the study b. ii. External validity is high because the setting more closely resembles real- life situations: problems unique to between-subjects design c. i. Often impossible to use random assignment to form equivalent groups c. ii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers