ECON 1116 Chapter Notes - Chapter 14: Average Variable Cost, Marginal Revenue, Market Price

35 views4 pages

Document Summary

2: optimal outcome, characteristics, many firms and many buyers a. i. None of the firms are big/strong enough to exercise market power a. ii. Does not have power to affect the market price a. iii. Firms are all small: homogeneous products b. i. But the flight to get from one place to another is the same b. ii. 3. Similar avc, mc, and atc curves: price takers c. i. Price cannot be higher or lower than the price c. iii. If firms want to lower or increase their price, they cannot. The action of any single buyer or seller has no effect on the market price. If one firm decides to charge more people can easily switch to other firms c. v. Advantages c. v. 1. c. v. 2. c. v. 3. individually your actions are insignificant in affecting the market price. Firm decides to decrease their supply market price does not change. Firms can sell more or less without fearing that the customer"s demand will change c. v. 4. c. v. 5. well.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers