ECON 1116 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Homo Economicus, Demand Curve, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

41 views5 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 11 public goods and common resources: externalities fail to allocate resources efficiently not produce the most optimal quantity in the market requires government intervention, different kinds of goods, excludability a. i. Property of a good where a person can be prevented from using it a. ii. Owners or the good have the ability to prevent someone else from using it a. iii. Can people be prevented from using the good? a. iv. Buy a pizza excludes other people from the pizza as you wish a. v. In contrast a street light, cannot stop a person from using it: rivalry in consumption b. i. Property of a good whereby one person"s use diminishes other people"s use b. ii. Does one person"s use of the good reduce another person"s ability to use it? b. iii. You consume more less is available for others b. iv. Pollute an area diminishes the cleanliness: private goods c. i. Can exclude someone who does not own it from using the good c. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers