COM 110 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: The Distractions, Stress Management, Communication

140 views4 pages
12 Nov 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

List and describe the three benefits of studying communication: personal benefits: this will allow you to enhance your communication skills and confidentially argue/express your views among many different topics. With that, you will also better consume information presented to you by others and discriminate between the strong and weak arguments in order to make the best decision. Think of a time when effective communication was beneficial in your personal or social life. Describe the communication encounter and the successful outcome. A time in which i needed effective communication was during my interview for a law firm. At first, whenever i would have to communicate through telephone calls or in person with people that i am unfamiliar with, i would lose my train of thought and not have the ability to engage in the conversation. List and define the six elements of the communication process: people: when interacting in conversations, people must be present.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers