BSC 203 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Critical Role, Peptide, G Protein–Coupled Receptor

49 views2 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Slide 1: in this presentation, i will be discussing an overview and the basics of cell signaling. I will discuss the two types of cellular receptors, g protein-coupled receptors and receptor tyrosine kinase. Slide 2: to being i will discuss the two types of receptors. The two types of cellular receptors are: intracellular receptors and cell- surface receptors. Intracellular receptors are located inside the cell instead of on the cell membrane. These bind small or lipophilic molecules such as steroid hormones. The location of these receptors aid in allowing the inhibitory protein to leave the cell. They also allow for a coactivator protein to bind and for binding within the dna sequence for initiation of gene transcription. Slide 3: the second type of receptors are the cell-surface receptors. They are found in the cell membrane and bind to extracellular molecules. They are specialized integral membrane proteins that allow communication between the cell and the extracellular space.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers