MGMT 301 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Adhocracy, Shutter Speed, Organizational Culture

46 views1 pages
It sounds crazy but I mostly rely on intuition to help me in decision making. I view myself as an artist and
I enjoy to work in a face pace environment. When I work part time as a photographer, my setting on
camera relies on knowledge of exposure (shutter speed, f stop, iso). But the composition and how I
diet the odels i posig is ail oe fo  feelig. It’s like a huhes that oe fo a lot of
experiences and I just act subconsciously without thinking about it at all. With fast pace environment,
rapid responses are required. Sometimes, you will have no time to go through complete rational
aalsis. Tust ou guts It eplais h I’ solel iteested i etepeeu. I’ a isk take. I the
down side, intuition can be misled f too many of your facts are error or missing. I accept the bad
consequences when I made bad decision that based on intuition, but I believe most experiences provide
an opportunity for personal development. I view this as an advantage for me to learn and use intuition
effectively.
In the self-assessment 7.3, my decision making style is Conceptual. I completely agree with this
assessment. As an artist, I strive to solve problems from an artistic angle and that solution has to be
creative, outside the box. Part of my personality and also my interested in entrepreneur, I am
achievement oriented and tend to think far into the future or the long run/ sustainability. In my opinion,
thee is oe est deisio akig stle. Eah stle has its o uiue adatage ad the iportant
thing is how we apply each style in a suitable environment.
I have medium preference for market culture, hierarchy culture and high clan organizational culture,
adhocracy organizational culture. I do value an organization that are focusing on mentoring, nurturing
ad doig thigs togethe. A adhoa ogaizatio is a pefet ath fo e eause it is dai
and entrepreneurial. It consists with creativity, room to improve with innovation and risk-taking.
Initially, I am more comfortable with the changes in the external forces than the internal forces. The
eteal foes ilude eooi, teholog ad gloalizatio fatos hih I’ totall ope fo the
new changes, innovation. But with internal changes, a new CEO or any executive officer that can impact
significantly to the company culture or a strategic change that involve the changes in the company
overall goals, mission. This will give me a negative attitude of fear of the unknown, fear of failure or loss.
By learning to have an optimistic view and flexibility is a best solution to cope with the negative attitude.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

It sounds crazy but i mostly rely on intuition to help me in decision making. I enjoy to work in a face pace environment. When i work part time as a photographer, my setting on camera relies on knowledge of exposure (shutter speed, f stop, iso). But the composition and how i di(cid:396)e(cid:272)t the (cid:373)odels i(cid:374) posi(cid:374)g is (cid:373)ai(cid:374)l(cid:455) (cid:272)o(cid:373)e f(cid:396)o(cid:373) (cid:373)(cid:455) feeli(cid:374)g. it"s like a (cid:862)hu(cid:374)(cid:272)hes(cid:863) that (cid:272)o(cid:373)e f(cid:396)o(cid:373) a lot of experiences and i just act subconsciously without thinking about it at all. With fast pace environment, rapid responses are required. Sometimes, you will have no time to go through complete rational a(cid:374)al(cid:455)sis. (cid:862)t(cid:396)ust (cid:455)ou(cid:396) guts(cid:863) it e(cid:454)plai(cid:374)s (cid:449)h(cid:455) i"(cid:373) solel(cid:455) i(cid:374)te(cid:396)ested i(cid:374) e(cid:374)t(cid:396)ep(cid:396)e(cid:374)eu(cid:396). I(cid:374) the down side, intuition can be misled f too many of your facts are error or missing. I accept the bad consequences when i made bad decision that based on intuition, but i believe most experiences provide an opportunity for personal development.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers