BIOL 4570 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Cytotoxic T Cell, Antigen Presentation, T Cell

10 views7 pages
27 Feb 2020
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Generation of alpha: beta t cell receptor ligands: antigen processing ~ generation of peptides from native proteins, antigen presentation ~ peptide display at cell surface by mhc molecule. 6. 1 antigen presentation functions both in arming effector t cells and in triggering their. Effector functions to attack pathogen infected cells: cytotoxic t cells ~ cd8 t cells; primarily responsible for pathogen surveillance and cytolysis of somatic cells; function is to kill cells they recognize. 6. 3 peptides from cytosol are transported by tap into er and further processed before. 6. 4 newly synthesized mhc class i molecules are retained in er until they bind peptide: mhc class i deficiency ~ immunodeficiency due to defects in tap1 and tap2 have few. Mhc class i molecules on their cell surfaces: folding and assembly of complete mhc class i molecule depends on association of mhc class i alpha chain first with beta 2 microglobulin and then with peptide.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers