PSYCH 104 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Psych, Fear Conditioning, Relative Deprivation

13 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Finkel (2013) argues that aggressive behaviour emerges from a combination of three classes of orthogonal factors. In the i3 model, instigating triggers refers to discrete, situational events or circumstances that induce rudimentary action tendencies toward aggression. Perceived provocation, goal obstruction, opportunities for personal gain. In the i3 model, impelling forces refer to dispositional or situation factors that increase the strength of individuals" tendencies to experience aggressive urges in response to an instigating trigger. High dispositional anger, elevated testosterone, previous exposure to violent media. In the i3 model, inhibiting forces refer to dispositional or situational factors that increase the strength of individuals" tendencies to override aggressive urges rather than act upon those urges. Human cultures vary widely in their degree of aggressiveness. Honour cultures: male honour = power, toughness, protection, protecting one"s reputation, little or no provocation, macho subcultures in the bar scene. Every male in there is your competition. Amygdala: in general, increases aggression when stimulated.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers