PHIL 200 Chapter Notes -Orgasm

11 views4 pages
As I brought more into my sexual experience, things were showing up on the dividing line
demanding my attention.
It wasn't just that the territory I labeled sex was expanding.
It feels like cognitive Are We Having Sex Now or What? 5 dissonance, only pleasant.
It feels like the way you feel when you realize that everything you know is wrong, and a bloody good
thing too, because it was painful and stupid and it really screwed you up.
So even if it's incomplete or provisional, I do want to find some sort of definition of what is and isn't
sex.
I'm feeling sexual if my pussy's wet, my nipples are hard, my palms are clammy, my brain is fogged,
my skin is tingly and super-sensitive, my butt muscles clench, my heartbeat speeds up, I have an
orgasm, and so on.
Feeling sexual with someone isn't the same as having sex with them.
Good Lord, if I called it sex every time I was attracted to someone who returned the favor I'd be even
more bewildered than I am now.
Even being sexual with someone isn't the same as having sex with them.
I have friends who say, if you thought of it as sex when you were doing it, then it was.
It's certainly helped me construct a coherent sexual history without being a revisionist swine:
redefining my past according to current definitions.
It's fine to say that sex is whatever I think it is; but then what do I think it is? What if, when I was
doing it, I was wondering whether it counted? Perhaps having sex with someone is the conscious,
consenting, mutually acknowledged pursuit of shared sexual pleasure.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

As i brought more into my sexual experience, things were showing up on the dividing line demanding my attention. It wasn"t just that the territory i labeled sex was expanding. It feels like the way you feel when you realize that everything you know is wrong, and a bloody good thing too, because it was painful and stupid and it really screwed you up. So even if it"s incomplete or provisional, i do want to find some sort of definition of what is and isn"t sex. Feeling sexual with someone isn"t the same as having sex with them. Good lord, if i called it sex every time i was attracted to someone who returned the favor i"d be even more bewildered than i am now. Even being sexual with someone isn"t the same as having sex with them. I have friends who say, if you thought of it as sex when you were doing it, then it was.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers