PSYCH-220 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Psychosexual Development, Countertransference, False Pregnancy

11 views3 pages

Document Summary

Person moves through 5 distinct stages of psychosexual development each of. She experiences physical symptoms, vision disturbances, paralysis, headaches. But each symptom had no real physiological cause. Pseudocyesis- false pregnancy and thinks josef is father because he has become. Genesis of symptomology is the mind due to unresolved conflict (unconscious) Diagnosed symptoms, as hysterical neurosis- condition is unique to women. Uterus is free floating where it stops symptoms appear there. This shows that this wasn"t the body but the mind. Say what ever is on your mind unedited thought. Devoted to father (seriously ill)- one night she goes out with- Experiences physical symptoms that her father had. Sister and brother-in-law and the sister is very ill goes for walk with. She begins to say nice things about him (you complete me crap. Tells freud- let me tell you what i have to say. Results in increase of information from patients. Mind has protective capacity to defend itself against.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers